Snowbreeze iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak is now available, Sn0wbreeze from iH8sn0w is not a new name in the jailbreak scene. iH8sn0w has upgraded it’s Sn0wbreeze Custom IPSW making software to version 2.9.9 with added support for iOS 6.x untethered jailbreak.
After the release of evasi0n from evad3rs this is the next jailbreak app in the market capable of iOS 6.x untethered jailbreaking, as you may already know the style of jailbreaking for both this software are completely different. When Evasi0n jailbreaks the iOS on your device, Sn0wbreeze creates a jailbroken IPSW file for your device which you can use to restore your device, when restored using the custom IPSW your device will be pre-jailbroken. While this sounds like an advantage for the IPSW based jailbreak software there are some serious drawback too.
Things to be noted are that Sn0wbreeze is a windows only software, it works on windows only and it can make custom IPSW files for pre A5 devices only means latest devices running on Apple’s A5 or A5X processors will not work. If you qualify for both these criteria you can go forward and build a custom IPSW firmware file for your device.
What is new in Sn0wbreeze 2.9.9
- Added 5.2/6.0.x/6.x untethers provided by evad3rs
- Added iOS 6.1 jailbreak support for iPhone 3GS and all A4 devices.
- Fixed Hactivation issue on iOS 6.0.x
- Fixed some iFaith mode bugs.
- Use iFaith mode after selecting the IPSW file for your device and then be prompt to browse for your saved SHSH blobs.
- Remember to enter PWNED DFU mode using Sn0wbreeze’s iREB button on the top bar before SHIFT + Restoring the custom firmware file.
Support for A5(x) and A6(x) devices
Sn0wbreeze cannot be upgraded to support these devices until a new low-level exploit is DFU or iBoot is found and made public.
Download Sn0wbreeze 2.9.9 from our Download Page
However, if you have already installed iOS 6.x on your device you can easily untethered jailbreak using evasi0n or convert your tethered jailbreak to untethered using Evasi0n Cydia tweak.
Leave your views and comments below.Advertisements