iOS 6.1.3 Jailbreak, The final version of iOS 6.1.3 is released yesterday by Apple to fix minor bugs including the famous lock screen vulnerabilities but that’s not all the lastest iOS firmware version kills the evasi0n untethered jailbreak tool. If you have a jailbroken iDevice i am sure you have used Evasi0n to jailbreak your device, it will not be wrong to say Evasi0n by Evad3rs is the most popular Jailbreak software ever, which has been used to jailbreak more than 18 million iOS device in less than a month.
iOS 6.1.3 is a sure bad news for all of us who loves jailbreak and if you want to retain your untethered jailbreak we advice you to stay away from iOS 6.1.3 as of now. The Bad news started to surface the internet when iOS 6.1.3 beta 3 was released to developers it is when the Evad3rs team noticed that Apple has fixed few of the exploits used by Evasi0n to perform an untethered jailbreak. The worst case is that there is no downgrade option available for newer devices, while idevices powered by A4 processor like iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4 can downgrade using SHSH blobs.
A good news is that, if you have an iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or iPod touch 4 – Pre-A4 device you can perform a tethered Jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3 firmware using redsn0w. These methods wont work on newer devices because, this trick uses the limera1n exploit to perform the tethered jailbreak which is only possible in older devices. This tutorial is for those who upgraded to iOS 6.1.3 or developers who wants to check app compatibility on a pre-A4 device.
Compatible iOS devices
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod touch 4
- Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 – Download it from our Jailbreak download page.
- Pre-A4 device running on iOS 6.1.3 – Download it from our iOS firmware download page.
- iOS 6.0 IPSW firmware file – Also available on our iOS firmware download page.
Before we get into cooking the jailbreak, i am sure you know what tethered means! it means that you will need to connect your device to your computer each time you want to reboot it. The jailbreak is stable but the device will need a computer to boot.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3
- Download iOS 6 original IPSW file from the links above.
- Download and Start Redsn0w 0.9.15b3. (In administrator mode for windows users)
- Click on the Extras button and Click on Select IPSW.
- Now, browse to the iOS 6 IPSW file for your device.
- Go back and Click on the Jailbreak Button.
- The Exploit will start and wait for redsn0w.
- When Redsn0w asks select Install Cydia.
- And follow the on-screen instructions.
Within few minutes your device will be untethered jailbroken, once your device reboot you will need to tethered boot it. To do so, on redsn0w go to extras – click on Just Boot and follow the on-screen instructions.
Now, enjoy your jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 firmware, please share this post and follow us for iOS 6.1.3 untethered jailbreak updates.Top Trending Articles :
|Share on Facebook|