Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.10, it’s hardly a week for the release of Sn0wbreeze 2.9.9 with the support of Untethered jailbreak iOS 6.0 to iOS 6.1 firmware. The new snowbreeze version comes with the ability to untethered jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 for all A4 devices like always, since sn0wbreeze works on low-level hardware exploit to generate the untethered jailbreak it is only possible in iPhone 4 and other older devices. There is news that exploiters are working hard to find a low-level exploit on newer devices to make sn0wbreeze A5 and A5x compatible.
This has been a rough and tough time for the jailbreak community with numerous number of iOS versions release in very small intervals and the jailbreak teams working restless to make their jailbreak tools. For those who don’t know Sn0wbreeze uses a different jailbreak approach unlike all other jailbreak tool, Sn0wbreeze works by making a custom IPSW firmware file for your device from the original file which you can use to restore your device to. In a sense Snowbreeze jailbreaks outside your device, while all other jailbreak tools does this on your device itself, Seas0npass is also a jailbreak tool that works by making a custom firmware but its supported device is limited to Apple TV.
Which one to choose Sn0wbreeze or Evasi0n to jailbreak iOS 6.1.2
The answer is simple yet it depends on your need and working criteria, if you frequently restore your device then you should go for Sn0wbreeze jailbreak else Evasi0n is perfectly fine to use. On the other circumstances where you just want to jailbreak your device on the go without the need of restore Evasi0n is for you. But make sure you have a device that snowbreeze support.
Sn0wbreeze Supported Devices
- iPhone 4 GSM / CDMA
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
- iPod Touch 4
- iPod Touch 3
- iPod Touch 2G
- iPad 1
- Apple TV 2 ( iOS 5.2 support )
How to Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.10
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.9.10 from our Download Page. ( Windows 8 users must have .Net Framework 3.5 installed)
- Extract the package to a folder.
- Connect your Device to Windows computer and Start Sn0wbreeze in Admin Mode. (Right Click Run as Administrator)
- Click the Right Blue arrow at the bottom.
- Now Click on Browse for an IPSW.
- Browse to the iOS 6.1.2 IPSW firmware file for your device ( Download iOS 6.1.2 firmware file )
- Sn0wbreeze will detect your IPSW file and show your device model on-screen, Click on the Blue Right arrow again.
- Now Sn0wbreeze will do the IPSW processing to create the Custom IPSW firmware file. It will be Placed on your Desktop when done.
- Once Done, Press the OK button and now Sn0wbreeze will guide your to put your Device in DFU Mode.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to put your device in DFU mode.
- When done correctly Sn0wbreeze will let you know your device is in Pwned DFU mode.
- Close Snowbreeze and Open iTunes, iTunes will detect your device in Recovery mode.
- Press and Hold shift button and click on Restore and browse to the IPSW firmware file Sn0wbreeze just created. ( It will be on your desktop)
- iTunes will begin the restore process and in no time you will have a pre-jailbroken iOS device.
Nothing more has to be done the device after the restore, Just enjoy your new jailbreak.Advertisements Share On Twitter or Facebook