Jailbreak 6.1.2 iOS 6.1 UnTethered on iPhone 5, 4S, iPad mini, 4, iPod touch 5G, all iDevices with Evasi0n – In our last post talked about Evasi0n 1.5.3, which was release few hours ago by evad3rs team to fix windows machine crashing problem. The previous version of evasi0n had reports of crashing on windows computers after running for few minutes. This has been fixed on evasi0n 1.5.3 while the jailbreak process remains the same, actually it is same for each version of evasi0n that was released since its debut earlier last month. Evasi0n can jailbreak iOS 6.0 to iOS 6.1.2 firmware.
Supported iOS firmware for Evasi0n 1.5.3 Untethered jailbreak
- iOS 6.0
- iOS 6.0.1
- iOS 6.0.2
- iOS 6.1
- iOS 6.1.1
- iOS 6.1.2
Supported iDevice for Evasi0n 1.5.3 Untethered Jailbreak
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 5
- iPod Touch 4
- iPad Mini
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
The Evad3rs team is working like anything to keep the Evasi0n jailbreak tool up to date and powerful as ever, with every iOS firmware version releasing eva3rs are releasing a new version of the jailbreak tool to jailbreak it, however iOS 6.1.3 is reported to be not supporting Evasi0n jailbreak, because Apple fixed few of the total six exploits used by evasi0n to do untethered jailbreak. But the team is already in action to jailbreak untethered iOS 6.1.3 firmware. Procedure to jailbreak using evasi0n 1.5.3 is exactly the same as jailbreaking iOS 6.0 with Evasi0n. First of all backup your device, this is the most important step for any jailbreak, as you know jailbreak is done to the file system of your iDevice and if anything goes wrong you will have to restore your device to a fresh iOS firmware file which will eventually erase all your data and files but with a backup up in iTunes you can restore all your data and files with the click of a button. Next step is to clear your passkey if any, yes Evasi0n will cause problem if you have a passkey lock on your device, just go to settings and remove your passkey. If you have updated your iDevice OTA (Over the Air) then you are out of luck, Evasi0n has a bad history with iDevices which are upgraded over the air, before jailbreaking with Evasi0n 1.5.3 you are required to restore to iOS 6.1.2 using iTunes.
How to Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 UnTethered Using Evasi0n 1.5.3
- Download evasi0n 1.5.3 from our Download Page (download the specific version for your Operating system)
- Once Evasion is downloaded, extract it to a folder and run it as an Administrator – for windows right-click Run as Administrator and on Mac control-click open.
- Now Connect your device to the computer and wait for evasi0n to detect it.
- Once detected, evasi0n will show your device name and iOS version on-screen and the jailbreak button will become Active or Clickable.
- To Start the jailbreak process Click on the jailbreak button, Evasi0n will start the jailbreak process and your iDevice will turn off and reboot multiple times.
- Do not remove the USB cable or close the computer during the jailbreak process, it is dangerous.
- Although the whole jailbreak process is automated, you just need to do two simple steps in between.
- First when Evasi0n tell you, unlock your device and look for a Jailbreak icon on your home screen.
- Tap on the button once.
- Evasi0n will continue the jailbreak process again.
- In around 3-4 minutes jailbreak process by evasi0n will be Over.
- But The rest of the process will take place on your device.
- Your device may reboot multiple times during this, don’t worry it is normal.
- You will see a large Evasi0n icon with messages running under it.
- Telling you everything the jailbreak is doing.
- Once all this is over, you will be rebooted to the lock screen
- Unlock your device and tap on the Cydia icon.
- The jailbreak process will restart, ya it is a bit lengthy but i promise this is the last time.
- Now, you will see the evasi0n logo again with new messages flashing under it.
- When done, your device will reboot for the final time.
- Unlock your device and tap on Cydia icon to select your user type.
- Once Cydia downloads and updates the package information, you can start using your Jailbroken iDevice.
As you can see the process is straight and simple, if followed correctly you can achieve a perfect jailbreak in around 12 minutes, of-course the time varies depending on how much data you have on your iDevice, jailbreaking an iPhone with a fresh iOS 6.1.2 firmware will be much faster than jailbreak an iPhone with 10GB of apps, Music and Images on it. This is a User Question, to Ask us your question join us in Facebook or twitter.Advertisements Share On Twitter or Facebook