Jailbreak Apple TV on 5.2 iOS 6.1 is now available with the latest version of seas0npass. Its only been over a week since evad3rs released Evasion untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.0 through iOS 6.1.1 with 3 versions in total till now. This jailbreak however don’t have support for Apple TV 2, now the guys over at Firecore have released another untethered jailbreak tool for Apple TV 2.
The latest firmware of Apple Tv comes with few additional minor but amazing features including the Bluetooth keyboard support, thanks to the new Seas0npass jailbreak release you can certainly enjoy these new features alone with the fun of an untethered jailbreak. In this post we will show you how to jailbreak the Apple Tv 2 in few simple steps using the latest Seasonpass jailbreak.
How to Jailbreak Apple TV 2 on 5.2 iOS 6.1 using seas0npass
If you have the new 1080p version Apple Tv 2 then this jailbreak will not help you at all, there is no words from the jailbreak group about a jailbreak for the Apple TV 3 but as things are going it will be out soon, keep checking this blog for updates on that or like us in facebook and we will let you know. For this jailbreak you will need a USB micro cable to connect your Apple TV 2 to your computer to perform the jailbreak procedure and your Apple tv remote.
- Download Seasonpass from our download page, according to the Operating system you are using.
- Unzip the package to a folder or desktop and double-click on the Seas0npass icon to start the program.
- Click on the Create IPSW button and seas0npass will start downloading the IPSW firmware file for Apple Tv 2. This process will take some time.
- Once the download is complete Seas0npass will continue building a custom IPSW firmware file which will be pre-jailbroken for your Apple Tv 2. The pre-jailbreak firmware jailbreaking process is similar to how we jailbreak iOS 6.1.1 with Sn0wbreeze for A4 devices.
- Connect your Apple Tv 2 to the computer using the USB Micro cable you will see the front led flash
- Now place your device in DFU mode, to do that Press and hold the Menu button and Play/pause button on your remote for 7 seconds.
- As soon as your device goes in DFU mode, seas0npass will recognize your device and start the restore process, this involves opening iTunes pointing to the custom firmware just built and performing a restore but the whole process is automated so you just have to sit back and relax.
- Once the restore process is complete, close Seas0npass and disconnect the device from the computer.
- Plugin in the power cord to the Apple Tv 2 and hook in the hdmi cable to your tv.
Since it is a complete restore you will need to go through the start-up process again. Once done you will find a firecore logo on your settings tab, if it is there you have successfully jailbroken your Apple tv 2.Advertisements Share On Twitter or Facebook