iPhone 6 Predictions for 2014 release, All-new 4.7-inch and High-Res 5.5-inch models, A8 chip with 1GB RAM, NFC, 8-megapixel Camera with optical image stabilization and lots more.
A research note deemed to outline Apples product road map for 2014 was released the other night by Ming Chi-Kuo a security analyst at KGI. His predictions are worthy of attention as they have not disappointed in the past. Most of his predictions on Apple products have been on point in the last two years.
According to him, these are some of the things to anticipate with the coming release of iPhone 6 later this year.
- According to him, the all newly designed iPhone 6 will have a 4.7 inch display, a retina display of 1334×750 at 326 pixels per inch. The 5.5 slightly bigger versions will have a 1920 x 1080 display of 401 pixels per inch.
- His expectations are that the new iPhone will come with an aspect ratio that is similar to that of iPhone 5. This will enable compatibility with applications hence no need for redesigning, and the only thing the developers will have to do is change the codes to suit the larger screen size.
- It is quite disappointing when safari has to reload a web page because there is not enough RAM. iPhone 6 is expected to be powered by an advance new generation A8 chip and a RAM of 1 GB. Had it come with just a 1 GB RAM it would be annoying but the chip will be able to boost it.
- In his claims the iPhone is set to come with a Bezel that should be between 10 to 20% slimmer, to ensure that the increase in display size does not proportionally increase the size of the device. This is also aimed at making it simpler to hold.
- Though the camera is anticipated to be the same as that of iPhone 5, 8 megapixels with an f2.2 aperture, an addition could be seen in the form of optical image stabilization (OIS). The devices thickness is set to be slimmer about 6.5-7.0 mm.
- Another surprise in the prediction is the NFC chip as it was thought that Apple will go for iBeacon technology, which came with iOS 7 as a Bluetooth Low Energy profile that allows “micro-location” and ranging.
- According to Kuo, the 5.5 inch version is to come with a better battery of up to 70% more life than what iPhone 5 has. This is expected to power the large screen.
- As it seems Apple will use sapphire screen for the higher models that would include the 64GB 5.5 inch iPhone 6 as an alternative upgrade. As the material supply is not stable, its release will be delayed until for a while. Its inclusion makes it possible to include the touch ID sensor in future models.
- To enhance one-handed operation, the power button will be move from top to side of larger iPhones.
- According to Kuo, the 4.7 inch is to be released first, then the 5.5 inch model to follow during the holiday season. On an average, Apple is to ship about 9 million units of the 5.5 inch model, and 60 million of the smaller version.
- Apple is believed to be planning to continue selling the iPhone 5c and iPhone 5 for low-cost alternatives. As for the iPhone 4s and iPhone 4, it is planning to phase them out bringing to a stop support of 30-pin connector.
The only doubt about Kuo’s predictions is the inclusion of NFC chip. Apart from that his predictions would be worth considering given that other reliable groups have predicted pretty much the same. With such features we are justified to anticipate a great device in the launch.Top Trending Articles :
|Share on Facebook|