How to Untethered Jailbreak iPhone 5 is the most frequent question i had received over these days from my visitors, so i thought of writing a dedicated post on jailbreaking iPhone. The evad3rs team have released Evasi0n jailbreak for untethered jailbreak iOS 6.0 through iOS 6.1.1 and possibly iOS 6.1.2, do remember to back up your SHSH blobs before upgrading to iOS 6.1.2 because we have news that Apple might fix the exploit that is used to jailbreak iOS 6.x and iOS 6.1.x on all major iOS devices. One of these major devices is the iPhone 5, this latest Smartphone is the youngest member in the iPhone family but the most beautiful and feature rich. Evasion has been one of the most awaited jailbreak till now, today in this post we will show you how to untethered jailbreak your iPhone 5 using Evasion.
Steps to Untethered Jailbreak iPhone 5 using Evasi0n.
- First off all, download Evasi0n from our download page. Look for the latest version of the jailbreak tool and click on the link corresponding to the operating system your computer have. That page is regularly updated so make sure to select the latest version only.
- Extract the package to a folder and Double-click the Evasion icon to start the application.
- If your iPhone 5 has a passcode disable it by going to Settings – General – Passcode lock – Turn Passcode Off
- Now Connect your iPhone 5 to the computer using the lightning cable. (Backup your data using iTunes before doing anything to your iPhone 5.)
- Evasi0n will now detect your iPhone 5 and it will be displayed on the Evasi0n tool.
- By now the Jailbreak button will be active, Click on the Jailbreak Button to begin the jailbreak process.
- I assure you it will take a while to complete the whole process even though evasi0n will display the steps it is performing to jailbreak your iPhone 5 the status may stuck on a single message, just don’t panic and let the tool do it’s job.
- In between the process evasion will ask you to unlock your iPhone 5 and tap on the Jailbreak icon from the home screen, do it.
- The process will continue after you tap on the Jailbreak icon.
- Once the whole process is over you will get the done message on evasion and your iPhone 5 will reboot.
- The first boot will take some time and some jailbreaking steps will occur on your iPhone 5.
- The iPhone 5 will reboot again with more jailbreak messages then it will reboot for a final time.
- Now, you will be on your lock screen. Unlock your device and tap on the Cydia icon.
- Cydia will initialize your device for the first time.
- Once Done you will be sent back to the Unlock screen, Unlock it and tap on cydia again to choose user type.
That’s it, it is that simple. You have successfully Untethered jailbroken your iPhone 5 using evasi0n. If you have a different iOS device you can untethered jailbreak it using this tutorial. For any issues leave us a comment below.
Update : iOS 6.1.2 released with bug fixesTop Trending Articles :