iOS 7 Jailbreak iPhone 4, today a new jailbreak tool surfaced the internet by the name RageBreak. No need to get too much excited as this jailbreak works only with iPhone 4 and is a tethered jailbreak. RageBreak using the famous limera1n exploit that was used to jailbreak iPhone back in the days of iOS 4. This exploit is a hardware level exploit so newer device will never be supported for it.
Ragebreak is a tethered jailbreak which means you will need to fire up the software each time you reboot the device, apart for this problem we must tell you that we faced a lot of bugs and crashes on our iPhone 4 after we jailbroke it with Ragebreak.
Supported iDevices by Ragebreak
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
Even though this jailbreaks normally (with lot of bugs of course) the jailbreak tool is not created by evad3rs nor have any association with it, we can’t be fully sure if this jailbreak cause any other serious security issue apart from the bugs we noticed. Well, for those adventure loving – risk taking people out there, here is the full tutorial.
- iPhone 4 running on iOS 7.0.4 – if not download iOS 7.0.4
- Ragebreak Tool for Mac OSX – Download here
- Java development kit – Download here
iOS 7 Jailbreak tutorial for iPhone 4 using Ragebreak
- Download the above requirements and install them.
- After you install Java development kit properly, fire up Ragebreak tool.
- Now we will see a terminal window, type 1 and hit the enter button.
- Wait for Ragebreak for the initial building and patching process, if the process asks for installing XCODE press Install. This may take a long time, depending on your internet connection.
- Now, Connect your iPhone 4 using the standard 30 pin connection to the computer.
- Enter your iPhone into DFU mode when asked, well if you don’t remember you can do that by pressing and holding the power and home button for 10 seconds then release the power button while holding the home button for another 10-15 seconds or till you get the notification from the computer.
- Now the Java app will start-up, when done go to the ragebreak2.sh window and hit enter. When prompted enter alpine as the password and hit enter. Make sure you enter alpine when ever the software asks for a password.
- When finished, press enter to return to the primary Ragebreak menu and put your iPhone 4 in DFU mode again.
- Now, select the model you own and boot your iPhone tethered.
- Once the iPhone reboots, go to Ragebreak and type 5 and hit enter to install Cydia.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and put your device in DFU mode for the third time followed by tethered booting by selecting the model you have.
On the final note, the process is long and needs a hit of expertise to perform which in our views is not worth for a tethered jailbreak. I personally will love to follow these steps for an untethered jailbreak if exists. Even though this installs Cydia on your iPhone 4 running on iOS 7.0.4 but be warned that almost non of the cydia tweaks are compatible with iOS 7.0.4 since they are not upgraded, so this is practically useless. For more news on iOS 7 Jailbreak from Evad3rs and Evasion jailbreak subscribe to us by Email below.
Subscribe via Email to get iOS 7 Jailbreak – Evasion 2.0 Download links in your Inbox
Happy Jailbreaking.Top Trending Articles :
|Share on Facebook|