iOS 7.1 Jailbreak using Geeksn0w, Are you the proud owner of an iPhone 4 and have recently updated your lovely phone’s operating system to iOs 7.1? And now, all you want is a jailbreak for your device so that you can unleash the power that lies within your gleaming iPhone 4. Isn’t it? Worry not, because a jailbreak utility has been made available recently called GeekSn0w, which can be used to jailbreak an iPhone 4 loaded with iOS 7.1. But it is a tethered jailbreak. For all those who are not aware of what a tethered jailbreak is, it is a type of jailbreak that goes back to the native non-jailbroken state when the phone is turned off. But at least this is better than nothing.
This jailbreak utility is compatible with iPhone 4 GSM (AT&T, Revision A, Global), and iPhone 4 CDMA.
Things you’ll need:
- An iPhone 4, of course, loaded with iOS 7.1
- iTunes (Latest)
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Java Development Kit- 32 Bit
- A Windows PC
- GeekSn0w (Please find all the download links to the above mentioned softwares at the bottom of this article.)
Step-by-step procedure on how to jailbreak iOS 7.1
- On your desktop, right-click on the GeekSn0w icon and click on Run as Administrator.
- Next, connect your iPhone 4 to your computer (Windows PC), using a USB cable.
- Get the iPhone 4 into its DFU mode. If you do not know how to do that, please refer the video below.
- In the GeekSn0w app that you had opened before, click on the Jailbreak button and select your model of iPhone.
- Now chill, the jailbreak process will start. Do not disconnect your iPhone from the computer.
- Put your iPhone in the DFU mode again when prompted to do so by the GeekSn0w app. You iPhone would reboot a couple of times.
- When prompted, put your iPhone in the DFU mode again. The jailbreak process would then complete and the iPhone would reboot.
- Now respring your iPhone in order to use Cydia.
Now you have your iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1 tethered jailbroken with GeekSn0w. You can now unleash the power of your iPhone 4 with Cydia. Now you can do all that you had aspired to do with your iPhone had it been jailbroken. All the best! For more news and updates on iOS, iOS devices, jailbreak and Cydia, follow us on Twitter and Facebook. If you have any queries, please drop a comment below. We are happy to help.
Download links for iOS 7.1 Jailbreak tools