Sn0breeze iOS 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak is now possible with the latest version of sn0wbreeze 2.9.9, as we have promised last week here is the step by step tutorial on how to use snowbreeze 2.9.9 to untethered jailbreak your iOS 6.1 device. For those who don’t know Sn0wbreeze is a IPSW firmware file based jailbreak tool, which basically means that sn0wbreeze doesn’t jailbreak the iOS on your device but generates a modified – custom IPSW firmware file for your device which is already jailbroken. All you have to do is restore your device with this custom IPSW file and you have a pre – jailbroken device ready to use.
It does sounds like an advantage since you have to jailbreak the IPSW file once after you can use the specific file as much as you like, only stipulation is that your device falls under the supported devices list. Sn0wbreeze jailbreaks using a low level hardware exploit which can only be performed on A4 devices, means if you have an iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 or a new flavor iPad it will not work. But if you do have an A4 based device, this is defiantly the jailbreak tool to choose over Evasi0n.
Sn0wbreeze 2.9.9 Supported devices – It will support all A4 devices like
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 2G
- iPod Touch 4
- iPod Touch 3
- iPod Touch 2
- iPad 1
- Apple TV 2
If your Device has an A5 or A5X Processor like iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad 4 and iPad mini then you can untethered jailbreak it using Evasion Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 6.0.x and 6.1
Steps to Untethered Jailbreak iOS 6.1 and earlier using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.9
- First of all you should have iOS 6.1 or earlier IPSW firmware file for your device to follow this tutorial.
- Download Sn0wbreeze from our Download Page.
- Extract the package
- Double Click sn0wbreeze-v2.9.9 to run the program.
- Click Ok and Click on the Blue right arrow at the bottom.
- Now if you have the IPSW firmware file of your device Click on Browse for an IPSW file else you can click Download IOS Firmware and download the specific IPSW firmware file for your device. ( For this tutorial i already have the IPSW file downloaded so i am clicking on the first button. )
- Browse to the IPSW and click on Open
- Sn0wbreeze will identify your IPSW file and your device will be shown on the screen.
- Click on the Blue Right Arrow again.
- Click on Simple Mode.
- Sn0wbreeze will now show you a status bar will progress details while it generates your file in the background.
- Once done you will find a IPSW file for your Device on your Desktop, use this IPSW file to restore your device and you are done.
Congratulations you now have an Untethered Jailbroken iOS device. For any problem leave a comment below.
|Share on Facebook|