How to Downgrade iOS 8 to iOS 7.1.2, If you are not interested in iOS 8 or you may have accidentally upgraded to iOS 8 or if you still like the older one because of any reasons then we have some good news for you. You can downgrade from Apple iOS 8 to iOS 7.1.2 as it seems that Apple haven’t yet stopped signing the firmware file of iOS 7.1.2 but you will have to act fast, we have no confirmed time when Apple will stop signing iOS 7.
Steps to Downgrade iOS 8 to iOS 7.1.2
- Please be sure that this procedure helps you to downgrade only to iOS 7.1.2
- It’s recommended to take the back up of your device, iTunes or iCloud.
- It’s important to note that you can restore your iOS 7.x.x backup after downgrading to iOS 7.1.2. You may not be able restore the backup of iOS 8.
- Proceed at your own risk as this downgrading is not recommended by Apple.
- These are the instructions to downgrade from iOS 8 to iOS 7.1.2
- First of all, you need to download the Apple iOS 7.1.2 firmware files from our iOS Download Page.
- Connect your iOS 8 device to your computer.
- Open iTunes and select your iOS device from the right corner at the top.
- Hold the shift key if you are using Windows or option key if you are using Mac and click on the Restore button (iPhone/iPad/iPod) in iTunes section.
However, There is one more method, Instead of clicking on the restore option, you can also click on “Check for update” option. Even this will downgrade you to iOS 7.1.2 from iOS 8. However, we recommend you to use to Restore process rather than this one because many have reported that their devices stuck into boot loop using it method, yet some have reported that this works.
- After clicking the Restore button, you can see a pop up asking for you switch off your device.
- Now, you need to select the IPSW file which you have downloaded from the above links.
- You’ll see the notification from iTunes that it’s going to erase the existing OS and restore to iOS 7.1.2.
- Now, click on Restore.
- iTunes now restore your device to iOS 7.1.2
- Your device auto starts itself and asks to slide for the next instructions.
- Follow the instructions and that restores your device completely to iOS 7.1.2.
If you are interested in downgrading to iOS 7.1.2, please don’t postpone it any more. Apple may stop signing iOS 7.1.2 firmware file at any moment. If you have missed this window for downgrade, we will work out best to find out new ways and tricks to downgrade to iOS 7 to receive it to your inbox do subscribe to us via email.Top Trending Articles :
|Share on Facebook|