How to downgrade iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.4 iOS 6.1.3, iOS 7 beta is now available for registered Developers from Apple also for those who knows how to get them, well when it comes to new version of iOS we can’t really wait for the public release. We just download the iOS 7 beta IPSW from Apple’s developers site or borrow them from our friends to try it out. Normally Beta released are meant to be installed on a UDID registered iDevice for the sole purpose of testing by the developers but with tricks like this we can try them out on our own risk.
Do anyone even care why Apple don’t want the non-developers to install it and try, well there are no hidden secret or developer exclusive information. The real situation is that Beta versions are always buggy that is why they are called beta after all, these versions comes with loads of bugs and problems, problems which can damage your iDevice for ever or which makes a bad impression of the company. Ok, that was the good part but what happens when you have all tried out iOS 7 and is bored by the bugs and want to downgrade, well you can follow the tutorial below to download iOS 7 Beta to iOS 6.1.4 for iPhone 5 or iOS 6.1.3 for any other device.
How to downgrade iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.4 iOS 6.1.3
To downgrade iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.4 or iOS 6.1.3 follow the steps below -
- Download iOS 6.1.3 (iOS 6.1.4 if you have an iPhone 5) to your computer.
- Connect your iOS 7 device to the computer using the usb cable.
- Open iTunes and select your device from the top right corner.
- Press and Hold Option on mac or Shift on windows and click on Restore button.
- Now, browse to the iOS 6.1.3/iOS 6.1.4 IPSW file you downloaded in step 1.
- iTunes will do the rest and in few minutes your device will be downgraded to iOS 6.1.3 or iOS 6.1.4
The downgrade process is that simple to follow, keep in mind that if you have an a5 device you can downgrade to the latest public version of iOS 6 that is iOS 6.1.3 or iOS 6.1.4 for the iPhone 5 and pre-A4 devices like the iPhone 4 can be downgraded to earlier versions of iOS if you have the required SHSH blobs saved.Advertisements