How to Downgrade iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.3 – iOS 6.1.4, according to recent Apple Reports more than 200 million iOS devices are already been upgraded to iOS 7 since its release on 18th September this year. iOS 7 is a ground up redesign of iOS 7 as compared to iOS 6 and previous versions of iOS. The new iOS comes with enhanced animations and vibrant colors that makes it more appealing and fresh. But good things comes with a price and in this case its the battery life and overall performance.
The high-end devices like the iPhone 5 and the newly released iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C can run iOS with ease but the low-end devices like the iPhone 4, yes you read that right iPhone 4 is a low-end device for the new iOS 7 while iPod Touch 4 is no supported at all.
Some of the iPhone 4 users are having a hard time with iOS 7, being a low powered device as far the requirements for iOS 7 are and a lot of apps, games and data makes the case more worse. If you are on iOS 7 on a iPhone 4 and having a hard time you can simply follow the steps below to get your favorite iOS 6.1.3 back on your device.
Here we go, first of all you will need to have a iPhone 4 that is on iOS 7 and you will need to have properly saved iOS 6 SHSH Blobs, by properly saved i mean you saved it from your iPhone not from Cydia because if you remember the SHSH server at cydia destroyed all SHSH blobs saved in it. However if you don’t have the required SHSH blobs you are stuck in iOS 7 for good, well unless a new way comes out to downgrade.
- Download and install iTunes 11.0.5 or lower for the downgrade progress, if you had installed the latest version 11.1.x you will need to uninstall it and install the old version. This is because latest iTunes doesn’t support custom firmwares.
- Restart the computer after you uninstall the latest version and install the old version of iTunes.
- Download iFaith form our Evasion Download Page.
- Now, Download iOS 6.1.3 or iOS 6.1.2 IPSW, depending on which SHSH blobs you have saved. Go to our iOS Download Page.
- Open iFaith and click on Build *signed* IPSW w/Blobs to begin the custom IPSW building process.
- Now select your iOS 6.1.3 or iOS 6.1.2 IPSW file and the corresponding SHSH blob.
- iFaith will now build your custom IPSW firmware file based on this two files.
- Once Done, follow the onscreen instructions to put your device in DFU mode.
- Once you put your iPhone 4 in DFU mode, open iTunes.
- On iTunes press and hold Shift for windows and Options for Mac and click on Restore iPhone.
- Select the custom IPSW firmware file made by iFaith.
- iTunes will start the restore process and once its done, your device will be running iOS 6.
Enjoy you new iOS and don’t forget to share this article and follow, like us on Twitter and Facebook.Top Trending Articles :