How to Downgrade from iOS 6.1.3 to iOS 6.1.2, Apple give as a shock of reality when the release of iOS 6.1.3 firmware update. The ever popular evasion jailbreak used six exploits in the iOS firmware to perform an untethered jailbreak. These six exploits includes a flaw in the iOS time zone system, which was the primary bug used by evasion. In iOS 6.1.3 apple has fixed four out of these six exploits making evasion jailbreak tool ineffective, iOS 6.1.3 is now like a nightmare for all the jailbreak lovers including me who loves to customize their devices using cydia tweak.
The bad news came will the release of iOS 6.1.3 beta 2 to developers when jailbreak team noticed that Apple has fixed few of the exploits that are very important for evasi0n jailbreak and they warned us not to upgrade to iOS 6.1.3 when it comes out. They were just hoping at that time but the thought became reality when Apple finally pushed iOS 6.1.3 to public not more than a week ago. Popular jailbreak developers says they still have exploits for possible jailbreak but are not sure if they are suitable for general public use or not.
But for users with an A4 powered iOS device, the jailbreak option is still available as iOS 6.1.3 tethered jailbreak for iPhone 4, iPod touch 4 and other A4 processor powered devices. So, f you have accidentally upgraded to iOS 6.1.3 and as there is no jailbreak available for iOS 6.1.3 as of now you may consider downgrading your device to iOS 6.1.2 to enjoy evasi0n untethered jailbreak. Well, i have some bad news for you, newer devices don’t support downgrading even if you have your SHSH blobs saved for your device. I know it heart breaking, but this is not possible now a days, however A4 processor powered devices can do a downgrade using saved SHSH blobs and redsn0w.
The tethered jailbreak and downgrade using SHSH blobs for A4 powered devices are possible due to limera1n exploit, which doesn’t work on iPhone 4S and above devices.
Downgrade supported devices
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod touch 4
How to Downgrade from iOS 6.1.3 to iOS 6.1.2
- Download iOS 6.1.2 from our iOS firmware download page.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.15 beta 3 from our Jailbreak tool download Page.
- Keep your SHSH Blobs ready.
- Open Redsn0w and click on Extras (Open in Admin mode for windows)
- Now Click on Even More
- Now, Click on Restore
- Now, Click on IPSW button to browse and select the iOS 6.1.2 IPSW firmware file which we downloaded in step 1.
- Once you select the IPSW file, Redsn0w will tell you to connect your device to the computer.
- If you rely on Ultrasn0w unlock, click ok to redsn0w ask Prevent baseband Upgrade.
- Now redsn0w will guide you to put the device in DFU Mode, follow the on screen instructions to do so.
- Once your device goes into DFU mode, you will taken back to the previous screen.
- Click on the local button then browse and select the SHSH blobs for iOS 6.1.2 or Remote if you want Redsn0w to fetch the SHSH blobs from cydia (Be sure cydia holds your SHSH blobs first)
- Once the SHSH blobs are selected Click on Next.
- Now, Redsn0w will perform the steps automatically to do the downgrade.
- Once Done, your device will reboot to iOS 6.1.2 firmware.
Update – Not many people were able to make this trick work, so our fellow writer Rachel has posted a new and very simple iOS 6.1.3 downgrade tutorial. Check – Downgrade iOS 6.1.3 using Sn0wbreeze.
Now, you can head over to Evasion Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 to perform an untethered jalbreak and enjoy. Don’t forget to share this post using the share buttons to your left and follow us in facebook or twitter for updates on iOS 6.1.3 downgrade on newer devices.Top Trending Articles :
|Share on Facebook|