How to Downgrade from iOS 6.1.2 to iOS 5.1.1, We have received many emails regarding a possible way to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 or any other iOS 5.x version from the latest iOS 6.1.2, so here it is. The process is straight and simple, we simply use redsn0w to do the downgrade using SHSH blobs saved for the previous version of iOS you want to downgrade to. Downgrading is not possible on the latest iOS devices like iPhone 5 but as we have mentioned multiple times it is always a better practice to keep them saved.
If you are a proud owner of an older iOS device like iPhone 4 or iPod touch 4 you can use these steps to downgrade your iDevice to your favorite iOS version without any issues. Apart from the iOS IPSW files, SHSH blobs are a compulsory for this procedure to work. If you don’t have them saved you are out of luck here, you can look out at cydia server if they have saved the SHSH blobs for you if you had jailbroken your device in the past. The point here is that you will need the SHSH blobs for any downgrade now or any time in the future.
When some of us might see the fast as why a downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 or even iOS 5.1 is needed, well it can be personal preference or a favorite app or tweak that got discontinued and works on that particular iOS version only. Whatever the reason is, using the steps below you can perform a successful downgrade without any issue.
How to Downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 from iOS 6.1.2
- Download iOS 5.1.1 from our iOS firmware download page.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.15 beta 3 from our Jailbreak tool download Page.
- Keep your SHSH Blobs ready.
- Open Redsn0w (Admin mode for windows) and click on Extras.
- Click on Even More
- Click on Restore
- Now, Click on IPSW button to browse and select the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW firmware file.
- Once you select the IPSW file, Redsn0w will tell your to connect your device to the computer.
- If you rely on Ultrasn0w unlock, click ok to redsn0w ask Prevent baseband Upgrade.
- Now redsn0w will guide you to put the device in DFU Mode, follow the on screen instructions to do so.
- Once your device goes into DFU mode, you will taken back to the previous screen.
- Click on the local button to browse and select the SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1 or Remote if you want Redsn0w to fetch the SHSH blobs from cydia (Make sure cydia holds your SHSH blobs first)
- Once the SHSH blobs are selected Click on Next.
- Now, Redsn0w will perform the steps automatically to do the downgrade.
- Once Done, your device will reboot to iOS 5.1.1 firmware.
That’s it, a successful downgrade. EnjoyTop Trending Articles :
|Share on Facebook|