Wi-Fi Hotspot Problem in iPhone fixed after iOS 7.0.4 update, iOS7 was released by Apple in September, but as nothing new can be purely perfect, some similar thing happened with the new OS too. Though Apple has always been known as a company who looks after the welfare of the customers and provides them update as soon as possible whenever any issues are reported, but still there are a few problems which remain unsorted by the company.
The latest iOS 7.0.4 was released for the customers just a few days back, and if you are still feeling problems with your iOS device in Wi-Fi hotspot section and facetime issues, you may try this fix.
Solution 1: Resetting the Wi-Fi Settings of the device
- Navigate to the settings option.
- Click on Wi-Fi.
- Click on the blue colored “(i)” which rests besides the name of your network.
- Delete your existing DNS and password by tapping on each one of them and selecting delete.
- Exit out of Wi-Fi tab and then click on General.
- Click on Reset.
- Now click on Reset Network Settings.
- This will restart your iOS based device.
- Once the gadget starts again, open settings and return back to Wi-Fi.
- Enter the Network password once again.
This solution is bound to help the users and you will see the personal Hotspot setting back in the menu.
Solution 2: Changing the APN Settings for your device
- Navigate to Settings menu.
- Click on General option.
- Click on Network.
- Now select Cellular Data Network.
- Check for Internet Tethering option and then retype the APN along with your username and password if required.
A few users also complained that they were not able to use the Wi-Fi on their gadget at all because the Wi-Fi setting seemed to be missing from the device. If you are facing this problem, try renaming your iPhone. The gadget suffers from problems if the name includes a apostrophes. To do the job, just follow the succeeding steps.
- Navigate to settings.
- Select General.
- Select About.
- Select the device name and edit the existing name. Remember to remove the existing apostrophes and do not include them in the new name.
- Reboot the device by switching it off, and then turning it on again.
The above solutions are bound to help the users who are facing problems with their Wi-Fi, or personal hotspot. These solutions are bound to work for the users who own the latest version 7.0.4. In case you do not have the latest version installed, you will need to update your device first before doing the job. To update the device, you may either opt for checking the updates over the air, or using iTunes in case you have a jailbreak device. Once you have successfully updated the device, you may find that the problems have already disappeared. In case they do exist even after the update, you can simply try the above solutions to get the most of your device and enjoy a better experience.Advertisements Share On Twitter or Facebook