Download and install iOS 8 GM On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4S, iPad, iPod touch, It is now clear that iOS 8 GM links for Phone 5s, 5c, 5, 4S, iPad 2 and over, iPod touch 5G is available on Apple’s developer portal. The firmware that was unveiled at the WWDC for the first time and it comes with a lot of features.
The download link was part of Apples announcement during iPhone 6 event. It must be noted that iOS 8 has its compatibility limited to iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad Air, Retina iPad mini, iPad mini 1, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPod touch 5. Unfortunately iPhone 4 has been left out. One does not need a UDID registration to be able to download the firmware since iOS 8 Gold Master could be the last build released, but as always getting your UDID registered is always a good step. Follow the Steps below to download and install iOS 8 GM on your iOS device.
- First see to it that your data is completely back up through iTunes or iCloud.
- register at iOS Dev Center: developer.Apple.com/programs/ios/ This will cost 100 dollars but it is worth it.
- sign in using your Apple ID.
- Do Remember that to install iOS 8 GM you need to register your device UDID with your developer account to do that, navigate to developer.apple.com/account/ios/device/deviceList.action and register your UDID. However if you don’t have Premium Developer account we can register your UDID just for $5.99 USD, Click Here.
- While the developer portal, go to iOS 8 section, choose the required iOS8 GM compatible for your device and download it.
- Simple extract the file since it will be in ZIP format.
- Be sure to have the latest version of iTunes then launch iTunes. Hook the device into a Mac or PC.
- Hold Alt key for Mac (or shift key for windows PC), then click on Restore iPhone button. iTunes will enable you to choose the file extracted previously.
- Lay back as the installation takes place on the device within a few minutes. When installation is over, it is now possible to move on to the latest iOS 8 build.
|Share on Facebook|